Flexbox in header / footer is collapsing in IE10

I’d like to make my site compliant (at least reasonably so) with IE10. I’m not concerned with IE9 or IE8.

The default flexbox header / footers are not working in IE10. I have set the flexbox to row but it seems to default to column in IE10. I presume I can add some CSS to resolve this but I’m not sure what to add nor where to add it.

Any help would be appreciated. I can provide web site address if you explain how I can do so confidentially as I don’t want to publish the site for all to see.

Hey there,

Please give us the URL of your page with the header issue in a Secure Note. Please note though that Flexbox may not work in IE10 as the latest version with partial support is IE11. See http://caniuse.com/#search=flex. Pro does not use workarounds like in this article https://css-tricks.com/using-flexbox/. This is because, older IE versions generally has low usage stats.

Thanks.

Link should be below

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I tried some workaround and it’s not working. The IE11 has issues with flex layout, while IE10 doesn’t have full capability for flex related layout. Plus, there are some browser updates which could be different from each user, so it may still appear differently from each view. There is no permanent fix for this, but drop the support for IE10 browsers and below.

Thanks!