FIXED: Web site was displaying code after updating to 5.1.1

UPDATE: This has been solved. The Cornerstone plugin had become deactivated. I reactivated it and … wah-lah! … all is well.

(Thansk @LizaM! )

Here was my original problem. I will leave it posted in case someone else has an issue.


I logged into my site (http://greggpartners.com/) to create a new blog the other day, and noticed some updates were available. I downloaded them and installed them.

I didn’t notice at the time, but now the front page is showing code. And the video behind the Revolution Slider is no longer showing at all.

I did not edit the page. I just updated the theme and a few plugins.

Any idea what I need to do?

I tried downloading the 5.1.1 update and installing manually, just in case there was an error in the install, and got this notice:

"Unpacking the package…Installing the theme… Destination folder already exists. /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data03/49/2201249/html/wp-content/themes/x/

Theme install failed."

UPDATE: It appears that I no longer have a WP Bakery Visual Composer license. This was supposed to come with the theme. Is there a way to update this without having to buy a separate Visual Composer license? When will X push the update out to users?

SOLUTION: I solved the license issue by reactivating my Cornerstone plugin.

Glad to hear you got it working!

When X is validated, you should get update notifications for Visual Composer. An individual license isn’t required (and not included) for updates, but if you’d like additional features not part of the core plugin, you could purchase a license directly.

Hi
I have latest X version 5.1.1 installed and WP. Saw a notice to update WP Bakery but was getting error messages:
“Plugins
1 update failed. Show more details
WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.”

I tried the above solution to deactivate and reactivate Cornerstone but no luck.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread! This error occurred because you may have not validated X theme yet. If you already did, please try to revalidate it. X theme needs to be validate to be able to connect to the plugin server during the update process.

Please let us know how it goes.