Fix Ubermenu to the left

Hi there,

I’m having a bit of trouble trying to get my ubermenu header widget to stay fixed to the left when I resize the screen on my website www.eurasianwhispers.com

At the moment there are two forms of the black bar that you can see underneath the menu - for tablets and mobiles you have a contracted hamburger form, and for larger screens you have a full menu.

When you have the screen completely maximised you can see that the house icon to the left of the black bar is directly underneath the ‘E’ of Eurasian. However, you can see that as the screen is decreased in size it shifts about horizontally place, so that just before the hamburger form becomes visible it is significantly to the left of the E.

I would like, if possible, for the house icon to remain completely fixed in its maximised-screen location on the black bar whilst the screen is being narrowed, but I can’t for the life of me remember how to do this even though I know it is very simple!

Would you please be able to tell me how to achieve this?

Thank you,
EW

Hello There,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. To resolve your issue, please edit your header and make sure that the bar container has the same maximum width and “Self Flex” settings.

Using the standard preset will display the elements to the left side of the container.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rue,

I have tried to implement your suggestions but it doesn’t seem to having the required effect for me. No matter what max width/flex preset I set for the bar/container/element the widget keeps shifting left and then right when the screen decreases in width.

Just to be clear: I want the house icon to stay fixed about 1cm away from the extreme left of the screen and for the magnifying glass icon to move closer and closer to ‘contact’ as the screen gets smaller (as it is doing at the moment) until the hamburger menu appears.

I will attach my login details in case this is simpler than trying to illustrate what I need to do.

Thank you again,
EW

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

Just to be clear: I want the house icon to stay fixed about 1cm away from the extreme left of the screen and for the magnifying glass icon to move closer and closer to ‘contact’ as the screen gets smaller (as it is doing at the moment) until the hamburger menu appears.

It turns out that you are using a widget area and that the magnifying glass icon is set to always position to the right. You will have to edit the menu and make sure that the icon is align to the left.

Fix the position of the icon first and then play around with the Self Flex settings so that the menu will stay close to the left side most of the browser screen.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.