Filtering by Category with Loopers

Hi, I’ve read the docs and searched the forum and feel like I’m overlooking something very simple.

What I’m trying to accomplish is this:
A blog archive page built using a looper with a dropdown of all of the blog categories at the top. When a category is selected, the posts on that page would filter to that category. It’s also OK if selecting an option in that URL would take you to a category archive page for which I could create another layout.

The weird thing is that I have a site built on Pro functioning this way, but I created it before WordPress implemented Gutenburg blocks on widgets. I can no longer replicate that on sites with the new widgets. So, I was hoping maybe there was something within the loopers that would make this work.

Thanks!

Hi @dannikb
I’m trying to build something similar, using loopers to list out child categories and subsequently use them as filters to a content page. I have bits and pieces of the puzzle figured out but can’t seem to put them all together. Here’s what I have thus far:

1. To list categories using Loopers… refer to this Pro - Loopers - Category Loop On Home Page - Specific Catergory Only. I have not been able to get it to work and tried to get support to help but have not heard from them (it’s been 10 hours). Refer to this… Custom Looper Problem

2. This video describes how you can filter content via Loopers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611IwxrOz8E

Hope this helps you. If you get yours to work, please share.

Cheers

Hi Danni,

Thanks for reaching out.
I would suggest you use the Term Cloud element which may help you to achieve what you are expecting. You can also go through the following thread on a similar type of topic.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.