File permissions to install extensions

Hi there,
if I want to install one of your extensions, the error message
“Your WordPress file permissions do not allow plugins to be installed.”
pops up.
I’ve read in this forum that this might be an issue of the server configurations that interfere with installing the plugins.

So, are there some minimum requirements regarding the PHP version, or which kind of rights does the theme need to upload its extensions to the server?
Is some kind of trusted host permission necessary to install the extensions?

Thanks a lot.

Hi There,

Your site must connect to theme.co in order for addons to be displayed.

Can you try contacting your webhost. Here is a form letter you may use:

Hello [provider],

My WordPress installation is having a hard time making outbound HTTP requests. I’m using X theme and it makes a request to theme.co for setting up automatic updates. Here is the error message I’m receiving:

[screenshot, or copy/paste the verbose error message (see above regarding the &x-verbose flag)]

Could you please do the following?

– Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
– Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
– Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
– Check into the error message above.

  • Make sure PHP version is 5.6 or above.

Please advise on anything you discover. Thank you.