Few Questions

hey guys. Two questions-

I am using agency demo- I am trying to get introductions to look the same. How can I do that? As it stands, my FAQ and PRICING page are the only page that do not have it.

I also am trying to work slider revolution and I am not sure how to link my button, for some reason it keeps going to X theme.

Can someone help?

Thanks so much!

Monique

Hi Monique,

Thanks for writing in! That Intro is just a section with a background image. You can edit your other page and create a section with same settings. Make sure to enable advanced mode through Cornerstone settings which you can find the settings icon on bottom left hand corner.

With regard to Slider Revolution link. Edit your slider and select the link. Then double click on the icon you see on top left hand corner of the rectangle. Then you will get the content inside of it as you can see it on the screenshot.

Hope that helps.

@mldarshana

Thanks for getting back to me. As far as the layout is concerned, I am not understanding. I added a picture to the top of the page and it does not give me those options. I also cannot seem to find the screenshot you attached anywhere. Mind walking me through it again?

Thanks!
Monique

HI There,

Thanks for writing in!
Would you mind providing the website details to check what exactly happening in your end?
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Sorry- how do I do this?

Won’t everyone be able to see my password?

Hey @MPverified,

You don’t have those options because you’re using X 6.0.4. You will need to update to the latest version. Also update Cornerstone to the latest version also. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

Would you also mind providing more details or specifics of what it is you want to achieve? It would be best that we tackle this part by part than pointing to different areas at once.

Thanks.

@christian_y

Christian,

This sounds good. When I update- will it ensure the layout of the current website? Or is this what a child theme is for?

First thing is first- the revolution slider, clearly I am not too tech savy. I find out how to change the words, but the button for some reason will not change. I guess I need help adding my picture and changing the button to depict my links. Does that make sense?

Thank you soooo much.
Monique

Don’t worry. It will be the same as the current layout if you didn’t change any X parent template files.

Your button HTML code is incorrect:

<a style="white-space: nowrap;" class='x-btn x-btn-square x-btn-large''//https://mpverified.com/prices/' title='Prices''>Start Verification Process</a>

I’ve changed it to then the link is working fine:

<a style="white-space: nowrap;" class="x-btn x-btn-square x-btn-large" href="https://mpverified.com/prices/" title="Prices">Start Verification Process</a>

Regards!

@thai

Thanks for that!! I have now updated my software.

The blue header on the top of the pricing and FAQ page I am still having trouble with. The blue layer over the picture

Hello There,

Are you referring to this blue section with the heading “About MPVerified”?

This is a section added using Cornerstone. You should be editing your About page and save the block as a block template. You can then use this in FAQ and Pricing page. Edit the pages and change the page templates. Use the “Blank - No Container | Header, Footer” and then add the Introduction block template. To know more about templates and the template manager, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/template-manager/20364/1 and see “Working with templates” in this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-layout/122

By the way, I went ahead and added the sections in the mentioned pages. Please check your site now.

@RueNel

Now that I know- I will make sure to add. Thank you for the additional information.

My last question, promise!

My contact form 7 is not integrating properly. We have the contact form on our website but it does not get sent to the email when prompted. Can you assist?

Hi @MPverified,

You’re most welcome!

About your last question, I really like to help but it’s something we don’t know. The email processing is alone done with the plugin’s core, I recommend contacting the plugin author to see what’s going on. It could be due to SMTP configuration, security, or just spam related.

Thanks!

@Rad

Thank you very much!!
How do I make a downloadable button? Like attach a PDF to a link?

Cheers,
Monique

Hi Monique,

Please go to WordPress Dashboard > Media and upload your PDF files there. Then select the PDF file from the media section and copy the URL of the file:

Then, go to the page in question and use the Cornerstone page builder to add a Button element. In the element options you will see a section that you can add a link to the button:

Paste the URL of the PDF file into the URL option. And alternatively, you can click on the New Tab option to force the PDF file to open up on a new tab.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long thread makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.