Featured images not coming up at the top of post

HI there,

I’ve previously written in about this, however it wasn’t resolved and I now can’t reply to the response I got (Ive added the link to the thread below though).

I’m experiencing some difficulties having the featured image I’ve chosen appear at the top of the blog post where it’s featured. On the index page with all the blog posts the image appears, however it doesn’t if you click on the post.

Earlier on I got a code I put in so that the featured image would always appear at the top of the blog post (before the text) when you clicked the post, but this doesn’t happen now.

Will you please tell me what code I need to put in and where to put it in, in order to always have the featured image appear at the top of my blog post before the blog text starts as it does here: http://scandinavianearthchild.com/embracing-and-recharging-yourself-after-christmas/.

Thank you very much.

Mai

Hello Mai,

Thanks for writing in!

You do not need to place any code to have your featured image displayed on top of your content. Just make sure that you have assigned a featured image and you are all set. I’ve check one of your post and it does not display an image:

Clearly this post does not have a featured image. If you already added one then you are having a caching issue. Since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Hope this helps.

HI!

Thanks so much - this really helps.

On the back end all there were featured images on all of the posts not showing images on the front end. I cleared the cache and then updated the posts, but it hasn’t appeared on the front end yet.

How long does it usually take?

Thanks so much,

Mai

Hi There,

If you have cleared the cache of your plugin make sure to clean your browser cache also that might be causing the issue.

As Rue recommended we suggest you to use cache plugin once you have finished building your website.

Hope it helps!

Hi,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I cleared both but it still doesn’t come up. Is there anything else I can try?

Also, I’ve finished building my site, but I’m adding blog posts weekly - if I shouldn’t use the cache until I’ve build the site does this mean that I can’t use a cache because I’m adding blog posts or does the blog posts not count as ‘building the site’?

Thanks very much.

Hey There,

Thanks for updating in! Right before you add any post, please clear the plugin cache first. And then you may also temporarily disable it. Create your page and post and when your done, you can re activate the plugin. You must clear the plugin cache again then you test your site. This is to make sure that the latest changes will be displayed and not the old cache version of the site.

If the problem persists, please provide us access to your site so that we can take a closer look.

Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice! This is great to know!!

I already cleared the cache and deleted my browser history before updating all of the posts that’s coming up incorrectly and it hasn’t helped, so I would really appreciate if you could have a closer look?

I’ll provide you with my login details below.

Thanks so much

Hi there,

When you create a post, there is a Format section where you can choose of which format you wish your post is going to be displayed. That specific post is set to Gallery format in which expects that you upload set of images to that specific post. Hence, even if you set a featured image but there are no uploaded images then it will be blank. The featured image is displayed on blog home page because it displays the featured image regardless of format.

To fix this, please choose the Standard format or upload many images on that post, so it will display the gallery.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.