Feature requests

Hi,

First of all congrats on the updated Pro. It is starting to look better and better.

  1. That said however there is one thing I sorely miss. In the new update you flaunted the new ‘Templates’ feature, saying it would greatly help us in efficiency and speed. There is one problem though: settings do not not get transferred when saving a page or block as template. I don’t know if this is technically difficult but it defeats the purpose of the templates. So, please, add this to the next update. I’d rather build every block or page from scratch and be able to just copy the settings then the other way around.

  2. Another request would be this: the posts are rather boring. It would be great if you were to include some easy way to style the single posts template. You know, things like changing the position of the featured image and such. I know we can build custom posts in Pro/Cornerstone but that’s not the same :wink:

  3. What I would really like is the option to nest rows in rows (or columns in columns). I’d like to be able to have a row with for example 1/3 + 2/3 in which the 1/3 column just grows down with the length of the page, but in the 2/3 column I’d be able to add a text element on 2/3’s and then underneath that the possibility to add a two-columnar. No idea if this is technically possible but would love to see it.

  4. Last one for now. I have used ME Calendar and as I feared it is a crime to work with. Specifically in the styling department. MEC uses set templates but they are difficult to style. I can use CSS for sure but I can’t change the order of the elements in the event pages. It would be nice if you guys could find some way to port plug-ins like MEC to native Cornerstone. Or, build a V2 element for calendar purposes…?

That’s it for now. Thanks guys!

Hi There,

1.) , 2.), and 4.) Added to our issue tracker.

3.) This was already discussed before and the consensus was we were not implement this because of the possible side effects of this functionality.

Though for #4, we can easily use shortcode inside a RAW CONTENT element. Yes, it takes time to style.
Those 3 request where added but it will still go through discussion if it can be implemented. Thank you.

Thanks for the response. Regarding MEC the biggest issue I have with it is that it is not responsive. For example, Carousel view only goes to 2 events, even on the phone screen where I’d rather have just 1 event. It’s just an overall nativity I miss.

Hi There @yingfuli

I heard from another customer on the new version of MEC(which is yet not released with X but will be soon) the carousel issue is adressed, so expect news soon :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.