Favicon implimentation

Hey there,

I have loaded the correct size of favicons as png’s but they do not display… Perhaps I am putting them in the wrong section of the site? I would love to have the favicon that shows up next to the site name and above the URL on the browser.

Thanks for your help!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please navigate to Theme Options > Site Icons and place your icon URL on the FAVICON (SET PATH TO IMAGE BELOW) field.

Please use icon with .ico format and rename it to favicon.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thank you!!!
However, my site won’t let me upload an .ico as it says it may be spam/virus

What now? Thanks!

Hi There,

In that case, please upload your icon via FTP or cPanel’s file manager. You can place it in the root directory of your WordPress installation if you do that your icon URL would be //yourdomain.com/favicon.ico

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.