Fatal errore when I update cornerstone

I’ve X theme (vers 9.1.4) with cornerstone. Currently cornerstone doesn’t works (vers 5.3.3) and when I update it, the website login crashes and gives me “fatal error” message. I’ve tried different things and it happens each time I update Cornerstone. I’ve tried also to unistall cornerstone plugin and install it again. Same errore when I update it.

Hey Samuele,

Thanks for writing in! Do you have a child theme? Did you add any custom PHP functions in your child theme’s functions.php file? In most cases, an error like that could be due to a fatal error that occurred.

• Enable the WordPress debug mode. You might be able to see an error message on the site right away. If not, the error log could reveal where the problem is originating.
  • If you’re using a child theme, try switching to the parent theme to see if that makes a difference. The conflict could be in your customizations.
  • Test for a plugin conflict by disabling all third party plugins except the Cornerstone plugin if you use X. IF the problem is fixed, activate the plugins one by one to find the plugin responsible for the problem.
  • Make sure that you use PHP version 5.6.x or 7.1.x or 7.2.x. Contact your hosting service provider to make sure that you do not have an old version of the PHP.

If the above suggestions still does not resolve your issue, we would love to investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.