Fatal Error when Updating the Theme

Hi Theme.co,

I’m locked out of my site because I updated Pro and the now can only see the following error on my site and I don’t know how to deal with it.

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 106 of the file /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php:106
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter))
#1 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(117): array_map(Object(Closure), Array)
#2 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(137): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->create(’\Themeco\Corner…’)
#3 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(73): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(’\Themeco\Corner…’)
#4 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(44): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘is_admin’)
#5 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/p

I also see the following error on the frontend:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function x_get_view() in /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/template-blank-4.php:15 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include() #1 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(’/home/customer/…’) #2 /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/index.php(17): require(’/home/customer/…’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/customer/www/ehayas.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/template-blank-4.php on line 15

This is the latest theme update 4.3.3.

Any help?

Hello @hjaffer,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of any plugin conflict, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for your message. The update broke something and I cannot access the backend. When I enter the recovery mode, wordpress tells me that pro failed to load properly. I downloaded the theme again from my themeCo dashboard and uploaded it again but when I activate it I get the same error as above again.

It’s a live site and Pro is not active so I have to put it to maintenance.

What do you suggest I do to resolve this please?

Hi @hjaffer,

It will be very difficult to recognize the error without logging into your WordPress dashboard, and unfortunately, the Administrator URL is showing the 403 error. If the administrator URL is not accessible, please share the following details in the secure note for further investigation.

– FTP/ CPanel Details

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I am also having this issue. I believe it is related to the Cornerstone plugin. My entire site is screwed up.

I updated my php and that resolved the issue.

Hey @jason3,

We are glad you’ve figured out a way to resolve your issue.
Thank you very much for letting us know.

Cheers.

@jason3 thanks bro. That did it.

You are welcome @hjaffer

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.