Fatal error when updating Pro theme

Hi!

I’m facing the following issue when trying to access the root admin site:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php:106 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(117): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(137): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->create(’\Themeco\Corner…’) #3 /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(73): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(’\Themeco\Corner…’) #4 /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(44): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘is_admin’) #5 /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/boot.php(27): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->initialize(Array) in /home2/carlo035/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php on line 106
There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Hello @cabralc,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please make sure your theme , plugin , WordPress , and PHP versions are updated as version compatibility pages. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. I would suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the theme.

1. Delete the Pro theme and download the latest version of the theme from Themeco Dashboard and then install it.

In case if you haven’t seen our theme update doc please have a look at it.

I would also suggest you troubleshot a few common issues

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

That happened after I updated my Pro version via WordPress itself. The site is live, but I can’t access my /wp-admin URL, so I can’t check plugin conflict or any of that.

Hello @cabralc,

It seems that you are using PHP 7.0. Can you please update it to 7.4?

See the secure note.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Updated. Now my site is down! :frowning:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Deprecated : Directive ‘allow_url_include’ is deprecated in Unknown on line 0

Hello @cabralc,

The error seems to have come from your PHP modules. Please check this article:

Best Regards.

I followed the instructions. Not working. Can you help me out?

Hey @cabralc,

Please try temporarily downgrading PHP lower than 7.0. Or, please ask your web host to turn off PHP 7.4 one by one to see if a new PHP feature conflicts with the function that causes the fatal error.

Thanks.

1 Like

@christian — We just updated XTheme and Cornerstone broke. We are running Bitnami on a slightly older version of PHP (7.0.16), and cannot update it. How can we downgrade to get our site back up? It is in production and we are in a bind.

Hi August,

I checked your site listed in your Themeco Account and found that the Cornerstone is already updated to its latest version i.e 5.3.3 whereas the X theme is still in the older version i.e 7.2.3.

The issue you are having might be due to the incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would suggest you follow the below steps while updating the X theme and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version
  3. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If your WordPress admin is not accessible, please delete the Cornerstone and then X theme using FTP/CPanel and then upload the latest version of X theme downloading from your Themeco Account. If that does not resolve your issue, please create a new thread and provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel to access the files

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.