Fatal error when trying to activate Cornerstone

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /home1/xxxxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php:55 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->Themeco\Cornerstone\Util{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /home1/xxxxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php(63): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home1/xxxxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(107): Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->resolve(‘Themeco\Corners…’) #3 /home1/xxxxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(96): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(‘Themeco\Corners…’) #4 /home1/xxxxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(66): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘preinit’) #5 /home1/xxxxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includ in /home1/s9z4q6n4/preferredpump.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php on line 55

Additional info: I have a feeling this is related to the difference between having X theme installed and having PRO installed. I have assured that my license is valid and activated on my themeco dashboard.

Currently, the site is showing as unstyled. I was able to do that by going to my file manager and renaming the PRO theme to PRO-rename. The issues occur repeatedly whenever I select PRO or X in my theme selector within the wordpress dashboard.

Green blocks are my license keys being covered.

Hi @ppe29,

Thank you for writing in and sorry to hear that you’re having this issue, this is a known issue with PHP versions below version 7.4 (WordPress recommended). Please contact your web host to assist you on how to upgrade your PHP version to 7.4.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials on a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers,

I had it on 7. Changed to 7.4 and it resolved the issue. If my death is reported as COVID, tell the world my story: It was from a heart attack =)

Any idea why the social icon styling would be screwy?

Hi @ppe29,

Regarding that social icon issue. Please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials on a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Issue seems to be Contact Form 7. There seems to be an issue with it I’ll have to fix, but I’m not sure why that would cause the social icons on top and bottom to misfire…?

I may have fixed this issue. I was seeing an error at the top of the website that said: Notice: Constant WPCF7_VALIDATE_CONFIGURATION already defined in /home1/xxxxxx/preferredpump.com/wp-config.php on line 98.

So I went to line 98 and deleted the following:
define( ‘WPCF7_VALIDATE_CONFIGURATION’, false);\

The error message is gone. The icons have corrected. And the CF7 test forms I filled out after doing this have been received.

Glad you sorted things out,

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.