Fatal Error message on line 8

Fatal error : Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Preserver, because the name is already in use in /home/customer/www/brighterwealth.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php on line 8

FTP to the wp-content theme - rename the pro folder to hold-pro. Then ftp a new version of pro to the website. This fixed my site. then delete hold-pro. I have had 3 websites taken down due to this upgrade. Just not ok theme. co

2 Likes

HI guys,

Thanks for reaching out!

In Cornerstone 6+ that file should be located here:

cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-shortcode-preserver.php

But in your install it claims to be here:

cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php

I suspect what might have happened is the new files were added, but you still have the old files present in which case it would find both and crash like this.

Did you happen to update manually using FTP or a file manager? Often when updating that way it will replace existing files, and add files that don’t exist in the new locations but it doesn’t know to delete files that were relocated.

I would recommend fully deleting the Pro theme and reinstalling it. A good way to do this would be:

• Go to your file manager/ or use FTP
  • locate this path wp-content/themes and rename the Pro to something else, ( this will allow you to login to your WordPress admin)
  • Go to your theme page and activate any themes except for Pro
  • Then delete the Pro theme
  • Go to your themeco dashboard and download the latest version of Pro
  • Upload and activate it on your website

If it doesn’t help, I suggest that you create a new thread and give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you! Got my site back up but still unable to access Pro editor / Design Cloud. It just acts like its loading but never loads. Please advise.

Hi Amelia,

Would you mind sharing your credential so that we can check your loading problem issue? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

In the meantime, you can try these common troubleshooting procedures:

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.