Fatal Error: Memory Limit

Fatal error : Out of memory (allocated 698875904) (tried to allocate 483328 bytes) in /homepages/1/d824901137/htdocs/clickandbuilds/XXX/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1989

Unfortunetly, I always receive this error message. My provider says this is caused by the template (while ( $row = mysqli_fetch_object( $this->result ) ) {
}.

Could you please assist me on this issue.

Thanks and regards

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is WordPress Memory Exhausted Error and you need to increase the memory limit of your website, this problem usually occurs if you are using shared hosting.

I recommend you do the following troubleshooting steps.

1. INCREASING PHP MEMORY LIMIT
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. All your mentioned measures have already been made, but it is still not working. Moreover i can not find the secure reply mode. Can you help me on this?

Thanks and regards
David

Hi Teresa,

Before going into your site, we just wanted to confirm that the issue comes due to our theme.
To confirm that, I would like to request you to deactivate our theme and check the issue is still exists or not.
If it does not exists, so it does not come with our theme. You need to ask your Hosting Service provider on it.

You can also increase the memory limit by adding the following code to the wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); 
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Learn how to add the code into wp-config.php from this video

It does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.

Give us access as you did for your live site.

Thanks

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I deactivated your theme and the problem does still exist.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for writing in, this seems to be really a Memory Limit issue, would you mind asking your hosting what is your PHP Memory Limit? I did a plugin test on your site and at some point regardless of what plugin is active at a certain number of active plugin that Fatal Error: Memory Limit will show up.

It looks like your plugins are scrambling for memory resources.

Please contact your hosting on how you can increase your PHP memory limit effectively.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.