Fatal Error in class-coalescence.php

We are using the Pro theme, and are continually getting an error that says:

“Fatal Error: Cannot declare class TCO_Coalescence, because the name is already in use in /var/www/wp-content/themespro/cornerstone/includes/vendor/coalescence.php on line 6.”

We haven’t changed anything, added any new plugins, or updated anything, and so I am not sure why we are now getting this error.

I saw that a similar question had been previously asked, and the suggested solution was to go in and rename the cornerstone folder. I attempted this, but did not have any luck.

Can anybody help?

Hi @rscaife2,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Pro theme does not require Cornerstone plugin as it’s functionality has been integrated into Pro theme. You probably had X theme installed and enabled on the site prior to activating Pro then that must have been the reason why Cornerstone is installed on the site.

To fix this, delete Cornerstone plugin from your site, either by heading over to WordPress plugins section or if you’re not able to access the dashboard then by deleting through your server’s FTP account (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone).

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass and FTP credentials of your site using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi @nabeel

I did as you suggested, and deleted the plugin from the list of plug-ins. Unfortunately, as soon as we attempted to make an edit to the site, we got the same error, and it crashed the whole site. I had to restore the site to a previous version in order to get the site launched again, which brings the Cornerstone plugin back.

I’ve attached the login credentials to our site. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @rscaife2,

When I check your website and login to your dashboard, an update of the database is required, so I went ahead and update it before it redirects me to the WordPress dashboard. I check your plugins then Cornerstone plugin is still there and I deleted the plugin. I tried to change and put it back some settings on your website and I don’t see the error, please check your website from time to time and let us know if the error still exists. I also suggest that you will update your theme to the latest version.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @cramaton
Thank you for your attempt. I went in and made a simple text edit to the home page. To accomplish this I:

• Clicked on pages
  • Navigated to the Front Page, and clicked “Edit With Pro”. The Pro editor loaded fine.
  • I edited a textbox and made a simple text change.
  • I hit “Save”, and got the green growl saying the changes were successful.
  • I went to the homepage of the site, and saw that the error was indeed still present.

At this point - I am not sure what else to do. I hate to have to rebuild the site from scratch. Is there any other input you can provide?

Hi @rscaife2,

I went ahead do all the steps you have mentioned and yes, you are right it has something to do with the Pro cornerstone files. Unfortunately, I can’t login with the FTP credentials you provided, please revert it back like what you did on your previous attempt. I suggest that you update your theme from Pro 2.5.5 to Pro 3.2.3 to have a stable stability of the code and let see if it will solve your issue.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.