Fatal error & Essential Grid - Content Encoding Error

url: www.quietlunch.com | PHP 7.2

Fatal error (Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/i9j3vv6rv6oa/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284):

My hosting company fixed a config file/server conflict today, I now get a fatal era above the header (see image):
. Please advise how to troubleshoot.

Essential Grid - Content Encoding Error
1st for background on this issue, please see this thread: Previous Thread

In the thread, I was dealing with an issue with the Essential Grid loading to a default 404 page when I attempt to edit a grid. I finally got the hosting company to fix the conflicts in the database files and servers and am now able to load the edit console for each grid item. I can not change any settings once in the edit console of a grid item in the plugin (nothing is clickable on chrome & see image of the error on firefox).

Revolution Slider
I can not change any settings once in the edit console of a slider (options are not responding to clicks on chrome/does not load or times out on firefox)

I hope the support team can help me finally get this resolved. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may give.

Best,

Bim

Hi Bim,

First of all please never add the login information using the Summary feature of the thread as it is public. I moved the login information to the Secure Note which is the correct place to add the credentials and it is private.

I checked your website and there are many errors happening in the front end browser console which suggests that there is indeed a server problem, especially the Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 () error that suggests there is a server restriction somehow.

But, to be able to make sure there is only one thing that you can test. Please move your website temporarily to your local machine or another server so that you can check the case.

Also, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  5. Update the Revolution Slider to the latest compatible version.

Thank you.

Oh my bad on the secure note. I no plugin conflict. I removed the custom css. I am not using CDN but am using Sucuri. I am using the latest Rev Slider. In the end, I made a clone with a fresh wordpress install and now everything is working. So many functions on PRO that I never had access to is working for now. Thanks very much

Hi @quietlunch,

Happy to hear that it is working now.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.