Fatal Error Cornerstone Line 55 - PHP is Updated to 7.4

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php:55 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->Themeco\Cornerstone\Util{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php(63): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(111): Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->resolve(‘Themeco\Corners…’) #3 /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(100): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(‘Themeco\Corners…’) #4 /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(66): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘preinit’) #5 /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone in /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php on line 55

Notice : is_embed was called incorrectly . Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5768

Notice : is_search was called incorrectly . Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/weareconvergence/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5768

PHP for this site is updated to 7.4. I’ve attempted to install again, but am unable to get the plug-in into my list to either activate or deactivate it.

It says it’s an error with Cornerstone, but Cornerstone is no longer showing as installed as a plug-in. So I can’t deactivate it to process a fix.

Hi @astaugal,

Thanks for reaching out!

The issue has something to do with the PHP version below 7.4 but you are claiming that the PHP version on your website is now 7.4. Would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check your website properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Cheers!

An update - I’ve removed the plug-in via FTP but am unable to add it back w/o receiving the same error. I use the X theme and Cornerstone is required. Not sure how to resolve if a re-install and activation consistently causes the same issue.

Hi @astaugal,

Thanks for providing all your details! It seems that the server PHP version is still not 7.4. I suspect that what you are seeing in your Cpanel was bypassing the PHP version by adding some code in the .htaccess. This is what I am referring to:

But when you check your server data, the PHP version is still 7.0.33

I highly suggest reaching out to your hosting provider to update your PHP version on your server.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.