Fatal error Cornerstone boot.php on line 12

I have taken over management of a site and find that it is using Cornerstone plugin and X theme, both of which are out of date. It’s hosted on a friend’s private server. Making matters worse, the very old server has been hacked, so the owner has bought a new server and created an account for me there.

After using a backup/restore plugin, I see that Cornerstone will not load. It did load on the old server. So I clicked the Fix button and bought the Cornerstone plugin.

Now I get an error message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. Warning: require_once(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/goldwts/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/boot.php on line 12

It seems from one of your other threads here [ https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/fatal-error-cornerstone-in-x-pro/19825/14 ] that I should have bought the X theme instead.

But is that right?

And can I get a refund for Cornerstone?

Gary

Hi Gary,

That error message looks like the Cornerstone plugin is corrupted.

Please download the latest version of Cornerstone plugin from your Apex dashboard then upload to your website again or you can simply delete the Cornerstone plugin from the Wordpress dashboard then visit the X addon home page, the Cornerstone will be installed automatically.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.