Failure to import expanded demo

Hi,

I’m having the same issue as encountered here (also hosted on Crazy Domains): https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/expanded-gym-demo-failed-to-finish-importing/8589

I’m trying to import Band demo and it fails after a few seconds. I have increased memory/timeout limits as well. I receive a cURL 28 timeout error. Can you please advise what I need to do?

Thanks,
Verity

Hi Verity,

It was something that Apex needed to fix from their end and not an issue from Crazy Domains end. Just send them your wp-admin username and password and they can fix it pretty quickly.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Hi There,

The URL unionstyoga.com.au does not seem to be working.

Please check if you provided the correct url.

In the meantime, you can fix your WordPress installation by adding this code to a child theme:

add_filter( 'https_ssl_verify', '__return_false' );

This allows WordPress to skip verification when making outbound HTTP requests

I would recommend that you contact your host. Using the error message above, you can contact your webhost. Here is a form letter you may use:

`Hello [provider],

My WordPress installation is having a hard time making outbound HTTP requests. I’m using X theme and it makes a request to community.theme.co for setting up automatic updates. Here is the error message I’m receiving:

[screenshot, or copy/paste the verbose error message (see above regarding the &x-verbose flag)]

Could you please do the following?

– Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
– Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
– Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
– Check into the error message above.`

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.