Failing to Load Edit in Cornerstone

Good Morning,

I’m trying to work out why I cannot load cornerstone to edit pages currently - the issue has arose in the last week and I’m not aware of any change that would have created the issue.

Cornerstone version 5.0.11
X Theme version 8.0.11
Wordpress version 5.6

Attempting on Chrome version 88.0.4324.96
and Safari version 14.0.2

I’ve attempted clearing browser caches and deactivating other plugins, to no avail.
I’ve attached screen capture of the Developer Tools Console when trying to load the booking form page, for reference - I’ll be honest, I’m not sure what I’m looking at, but trying to give as much information as I can to resolve it.

Many Thanks

Hi @baneology,

Thanks for reaching out.
It might be due to the improper up-gradation of the Cornerstone plugin. A few hours ago we have released another version of the theme with some fixes, I would recommend you to update your theme to the latest one.
I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the theme.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues to find the reason behind them.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.CSS/JS Customization
3.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much @tristup!

Deleting, reinstalling and updating Cornerstone has fixed it :slight_smile:

Awesome. Glad it’s working now, @baneology!

Gentlemen I’m still having issue I’m afraid, although Cornerstone is now loading to edit, I don’t seem to be able to amend the Classic Text blocks already entered.

The Content bar now loads along with the blocks and segments, allowing me to expand on the rows, columns, features and blocks; but if I click on the Classic Text in either the drop down on the Content bar or selecting it in the website view on the right, it tries to open the Inspector, which is blank/not loading. The only elements of Text I’ve been able to amend are now those setup as subheadings on Global Blocks

Hello @baneology,

Thanks for the updates. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you so much all, I spoke with another friend who had been using the theme and he managed to resolve the issue for me by Clearing the Style Cache.

All seems to be working swimmingly now, thanks again!

Hey @baneology,

We are just glad that you have figured out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.