Failed to import demo content

Hi, X

What could be the cause of this?

Hello @wmmajaliwa,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please make sure you have installed all the required plugins and your theme, WordPress and PHP version need to same as per our version compatibility page.

I recommend the following troubleshooting about your demo import from Design Cloud.

1.) Increase PHP Memory Limit
2.) Increase PHP Execution Time Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

Recommended MySQL configuration

max_allowed_packet = 16Mb
innodb_log_file_size = 128mb

Please ask your web host to enable allow_url_fopen . The value must be On in order for your server to receive data from our server.

After all the server settings configured properly please follow these steps.

1. Temporarily disable ConvertPlus while importing the demo content.
  2. After the import is done then activate it again

If it does not help you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Wilfried,

The server may be blocking connections to the templates repository, theme.co. You may need to whitelists the URL to make the connection possible. Please see the secure notes.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

From where do I whitelist the URLs?

Hello @wmmajaliwa,

Please contact your hosting provider for this to whitelist the URL and that is been given by @ruenel my colleague in the secure note. You may need to disable the ModSecurity as well from the server for that you can ask your hosting provider as well.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Wilfried,

We don’t have a list of IPs but if your web host really needs to know the IP and domains involved with theme.co, they can trace it using tools like this.

Before relaying that to your web host, know that there are 2 known factors that cause this issue you’re having. 1 is this connection factor which Runel said and 1 is the host could not download a big resource such as the complete Site import.

Please clarify if you cannot download even a small template or you just can’t install a big resource like a Site because if you just can’t install a Site, your problem might not be the connection but a limitation by your web host. It’s usually a file size limitation in ModSecurity so to quickly test this, ask your web host if they can temporarily disable ModSecurity just for testing.

Thanks.

I can confirm I just can’t download a complete demo site. I can download templates successfuly

Hi Wilfried,

Can you please share the credentials once again as the previous one is not working anymore?

Thanks

Hi Wilfried,

I can confirm that the auto design cannot be installed. I suspect this could be a bug and have reported it to the developers for investigation but you can still install another demo design like for example I installed a crafty design on your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Alright, thank you for keeping me updated. Is there a way I can manually import these demo files because i needed them like a month ago.

Just send a zip or something while you guys figure it out.

Thanks for the assist

Hello Wilfried,

Regretfully we do not have a zip file that you can download to install the site demos. Our site demos are not ordinary demo data. You need to go through the design cloud so that you can edit the pages in Cornerstone Content Builder. Rest Assured that our developers are already looking into this issue.

Please bear with us.

Alright, I’ll wait

Please keep me updated so I can know when its ready to be installed

Thanks for the feedback

Hello Wilfried

There is no ETA at the moment so I would request you, please stay tuned for succeeding updates.

Thanks for understanding

Hello, X

Do we finally have an ETA on the auto X demo site install bug?

Hi Wilfried,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any ETA for that currently, please stay tuned for the succeeding releases.

Thanks

Still nothing?

Hi Wilfried,

Unfortunately, there is no update on this till now.

Thanks for understanding