Facebook link shows old heading

Hi guys,

I regularly update my website and homepage, but when I post to Facebook, it keeps showing an old 2016 heading (see screenshot in secure note)

I have searched the entire MySQL database for “The Story Cave 2016” but it’s not there.

How can I possibly update this?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Karel

Hello @ozzywood,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

To solve your issue, you will need to disable X’s default Open Graph settings under Appearance > Customize > Social > Open Graph.

X theme outputs standard Open Graph tags for your content. You need to disable this and let Yoast SEO plugin handle the open graph.

You might want to customize the image, title and description displayed on your Facebook, Yoast SEO will help you with that. Please follow the tips here: Control Facebook Share Link

Hope it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.