Facebook icon on button

Placing a button in the footer preceded by a graphic… Select “All” and choose Facebook. Icon will not display on screen, although it shows up in the editor. Any of the other icons work, just not those on the “All” tab.
What up?

Hello @mtscottcog,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please confirmed that you have updated Pro theme to version 3.2.3? We have tested it in our local testing browser and we could not replicate the issue. Please see the images below:

Keep in mind that after doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Please let us know how it goes.

Have clear all cached data in browser and cleared the SiteGround cache. Restarted the computer.
Created a test page with a button. Added a facebook icon from the ALL page.

The icons have always displayed in the editor sidebar and selection windows, but NOT on the live page.
I inspected the resulting live html and it shows code the following code, but no FB icon displays.

This only occurs for icons that are unique to the ALL page of icons.

Ok, I think I’ve narrowed down the issue.
The “Brands” tab is not showing up on the select icon window.
I checked a couple other Pro theme installations I manage and they all have Brands tabs and the brand icons work just as expected.

So… I copied over the whole PRO theme folder from the good sites. But in the problem site I still don’t see the Brands tab. The brands icons show up when I select the All tab, but don’t display in on the live page.

Any ideas?

Fixed! So dumb!!
I had unchecked the “Brands” checkbox under Font Awesome in the Miscellaneous Theme Options tab.

Hello @mtscottcog,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.