Extra spacing around Alert shortcodes after latest update

Hi,

I´m using Alert shortcodes quite a lot on my site and after the latest Pro update I noticed that there is extra spacing around every Alert shortcode through out my site. Can I bulk fix this somehow because I don´t want to go through 200+ pages where I use this shortcode?

Also same thing with every table of contents through out my site.

Site: Lainaanyt.fi

Hello @ukic,

Thanks for writing in! After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

And always remember to clear all caches since you are using WP Rocket so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

This links might help:

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes I have cleared all caches and also tried to disable WProcket and tried private browsing also. But the problem is still there. It seems that everywhere on my site where using some shortcode there is extra space between, like you can see from the images attached in the first message.

You can see example of this if you check for example https://lainaanyt.fi/saastaminen/saastotili/ or https://lainaanyt.fi/lainaa/uudet-lainat/. Scroll down until you see the alert shortcode and you see the extra space. And this happens on every page on my site where there is some shortcode been used.

Hi @ukic,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your page and the extra space you see is because of the empty paragraph tags <p></p> in your content:

Please edit your page and remove the white spaces from above and below the shortcode, to make it more cleaner you can add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

p {
   margin-bottom: 0;
}

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yeah I know about the empty paragraph tags but the question is that why before the latest update they weren´t there = Everything on site was showing correctly.

The code you provided did not really help because it messed up so many other things on the site. Is it really only way to fix this to go through every page individually? There is over 200 pages…

I will send you login details with secure note if you could check this out?

Hey @ukic,

You’re using the Classic Editor plugin and it includes its version of TinyMCE and that could be what caused or introduced the empty p tags in your site.

I update my test sites and didn’t encounter this issue. No empty p tags were introduced so this isn’t a bug in our theme.

By the way, please do not use the custom code provided by my colleague previously. It would cause display issues. Paragraphs must have a bottom margin out of the box because otherwise, all your paragraphs would look like a one big paragraph.

If you’re not familiar with using a “search and replace” plugin, please have a 3rd party developer search for empty p tags in your database and remove them.

Regretfully, we can’t perform the fix for you as that would be beyond the scope of our theme support.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.