External Fonts Cause of Horrible Load Time?

Hello,

I received a 502 error today while trying to access my site - www.gloso.com . I reached out to the host and they said it was a CloudFlare issue. I temporarily paused CloudFlare and that brought the site up - but now it is running extremely slow.

I reached back out to the host and they said the issue was that there are a lot of slow requests from https://fonts.gstatic.com. They said that requests are being sent to some external font hub, and it needs fixed in the websites theme. I tried looking at the forum for related topics to no avail.

Any tips on how to increase the site speed would be great.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, the Google fonts on your site loads in average time, so it seems that is not the issue.

You’re having a mixed content issue, this can affect your page load.


Please re-set this images from being requested in http:// protocol to https://

Then enable back your CloudFlare and follow the guide provided here.

Then purge your entire CloudFlare caching, so it can regenerate a new cache with the updated settings.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech, thanks for such a quick reply. Do you have any tips on how to re-set the images to https:// ?

Thank you!

Hi there,

Edit your pages and re-attach those respective images, so that it will update with HTTPS://.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.