Extensions Not Downloading

Hello,

I am trying to install the recommended Extensions from the X Overview page, but an error occurs whenever I try to install them. When I click “Details”, a blank screen pops up.

Any idea how to get these extension support?

  • Frank

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

That could be an internal server error or the connection between our update server and your site is being blocked. Or, the connection is configured with a low timeout. Let’s get the error log,

  1. Please edit your site’s wp-config.php and replace this line ( through FTP or by using your hosting’s file manager )

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

with these new lines

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
  1. Install the extension again just to trigger the error

  2. Download the file debug.log from /wp-content/ folder and provide its content in a secure note.

I’m not sure if it’s timeout related, but in case, please provide your site’s URL, Admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note for further testing.

Thanks!

I added the lines to the code as requested. Here is what it says in the debug.log folder:
[01-Dec-2017 08:33:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/content/34/12376234/html/namasgay/wp-includes/Requests/Cookie.php on line 298

I attached my login credentials to this comment in a secure note.

Also, I currently am on version PHP Version 5.3. Please let me know if I should change this to 5.6, as that is available.

Hi,

The error means you are low in memory.

I increased it by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

That should fixed it, please try again.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.