Exporting a video for background

Hi there. I bought a stock video that I want to use as a background video in my header. I’m wondering what you recommend as the best resolution, format and sizing for this? I want it to look crisp, but not be too big that it makes the page sluggish.

Thank you

Hello @reform,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Well, you have bunch of options like self hosted videos, YouTube, Vimeo etc. Personally I am not a huge fan of self hosted videos until and unless you have the hosting infrastructure and configuration so that the user experience is not getting hampered.

You can upload the video on YouTube or Vimeo and use there resources to play video on your website. I suggest you to try out all three and see which on works for you without affecting end user experience.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Ok that makes sense, my only issue would be how to make the video repeat? Or will it do this by default if I assign it as a background video to a section?

Thank you

Hi again,

The background video will repeat itself if you set is as section’s background video.

Cheers!

epic! Thank you :slight_smile:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.