Expanded Demo Content install error

Hi There,

Thanks for an awesome product. Have tried working through the solutions you have provided for others but no success unfortunately.

I have:

  • increased memory
  • increased timeout
  • Worked through the cURL solutions
  • allow_url_fopen is on
  • OpenSSL support is enabled

Lost for ideas now!

Thanks in advance.

Liam

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Which expanded demo that you’re having issues to generate ? so that we can test and assist you.

Thanks!

Hi @liamfrench78,

I can see you have plugins installed, so there’s some setting on your system avoiding not related, at first, with flie/folder permission, the most common error.

Unfortunately, server errors can be clueless on frontend side. Please refer to the server logs (Apache, Nginx) to give us extra info about the issue.

On some hosts, you have access to logs through an interface (like cPanel); if you have a dedicated server with console/root access, you can find logs in files like /var/log/nginx/error.log or /var/log/apache/error.log.

When you find your logs, try to install the Expanded Demo; you’ll possibly see entries 500 error or PHP Fatal error like:

./yoursite.com:192.111.111 - - [Jul/27/2017:09:14:18 -0300] "POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ai1wm_export HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=site-migration-export" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0"

PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  ...

Post here your findings so we can assist you.

Thanks

Sorry for delay in responding. Trying to install the Restaurant expanded demo.

I think this is what you are looking for.

Here is the error log:
[Thu Aug 31 18:32:41.864436 2017] [:warn] [pid 15309] [client 14.200.217.244:46654] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/sabiangt/public_html/charicenoodlebar.com.au/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, referer: https://charicenoodlebar.com.au/wp-admin/admin.php?notice=validation-complete&page=x-addons-home

Also found this in the downloadable log:
“https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/expanded-demo-content-install-error/7034”

Thanks!

Hey, @liamfrench78,

Timeout errors are generally related to PHP settings. Please check max_execution_time on your php.ini file. The default is 30 seconds in most environments, increase to 300 seconds. Check also memory_limit and set to a minimum of 256M.

If you don’t have access to php.ini settings on your host, please contact your host administrator. If you don’t know how to check those values on your system, you can install debug plugins like Debug Info (https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-info/).

After those tweaks, try again, if the problem persists, check the logs and post here so we can assist you.

Thanks!

Thanks Rafaelgou,

Perhaps you didn’t read my initial comments where I said that I had edited my max_execution_time, memory_limit, etc?

I got frustrated with the situation (as it seems to happen every install of X Theme) so tried many things. It seems to be isolated to the ‘restaurant theme’. What I just did was initiated the ‘auto’ theme and it got to the “initialise” message (further than the restaurant theme had ever got). After I saw that I exited out of the wp panel so to not install it.

I then logged back in and tried the restaurant expanded demo and it installed correctly.

I can’t explain it. I have been using the same proceedure for past 3 days.

Hey, there!

Yeah, you mentioned before and didn’t follow in my last answer, I’m sorry.

Let’s consider PHP settings are ok: so the timeout is being thrown by Apache. You could try increase TimeOut directive (see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#timeout).

Do your have access to change that?

Thanks!