Expand thumbnail to full page image

Hi, What is the best way to blow up a thumbnail image so that it displays a different larger/full image and greys out the original page behind it. Is there a way to control the opacity of that too? Is there a way to add text to the large image too?
Thanks!

Sounds like you are talking about a lightbox. There’s several plugins you can install that have the functionality you want. As far as im aware there isnt any built in features in x to do that. Someone correct me if im wrong.

You guys are great! Thank you for the quick response. Yes, a Lightbox is what I’m looking for. A plugin would work fine. Is there any that recommend?

Im not exactly sure if its included in your package of x theme. I know its included in x pro, theres a plugin called Envira Gallery. Its pretty amazing and has a built in lightbox, also you can use it in the theme builder as an element.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for writing in!

Yes, the plugin Envira gallery is a bundled plugin available to you. You can get it in X > Validation > Extensions section. You can check out this kowledge base article about the plugin here:

@twitchyjoe:
Thanks for chiming in! We really appreciate it.

Best regards guys!

So i have 6 separate thumbnails. Id like their full size image to open when you click on each of them.

So do i create 6 separate galleries? If so, how do i make it actually work? Do i use the gallery shortcodes, and if so where does that shortcode go? I looked for an Envira element but didnt see one.

Hi @rleon72,

Yes, if you don’t want all the images to be on one lightbox (gallery), you need to create a gallery for each image.

Please make sure your Envira Gallery extension is active. And navigate to Pro > Settings > Permissions > Classic Elements and make sure the Classic Envira Gallery is enable.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.