Existing Site, New License

We had a developer start up our site who purchased the original X-theme license via Envato. Recently we purchased a new license for access to support and forums, but we ar enow looking to get our site associated with our license.

What’s the simplest way to update the site to our purchased license? And, will this cause any issue (down time, extensions glitches, etc.) to our live production site?

I bring this up because I’m trying to run a staging site but am having issues getting X-Theme to recognize the staging site. It says there isn’t a license associated with the staging site. When I try to put our staging site info in our license section it doesn nothing because our site isn’t currently associated with our purchased license.

Hi There,

Just access your Apex license page: https://theme.co/apex/licenses

And assign your URL

Visit your site WP-Admin | X | and insert your purchase code.

Hope it helps

So if I do that there shouldn’t be any disrupted service?

I don’t have access to the current license our web developer so I wouldn’t be able to push it back to teh current license if the site went down for any reason.

Hello There,

As long as you have access to your WP dashboard, you can simply revoke the license (from your developer) and revalidate it using your new license. It will not went down or anything.

To do that, just follow these steps:
1] Please go to X > Overview and revoke the validation (https://s3.amazonaws.com/community-themeco/app/uploads/2016/04/17110514/Capture53.jpg).
2] Please login to your account
3] You need to assign the license to your site using this url: https://www.example.com/. You have to make sure that url you just assign is the same as the one you have in your settings, Settings > General > Site Address
4] Go back to X > Overview again, and insert your license.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I’ve swapped licenses, so our main site is now running off of our purchased license. But even though I have the staging site set up in “My Licenses” my staging site still shows it as “not validated”.

Do I need to add the license code in the staging site as I did the live site?

Hi there,

Yes, after you have added the staging domain to the license on the Licenses page, you will have to validate the theme in X > Overview.

Hope this helps.

All set. Thanks!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.