Existing Sections do not work

Hi

I have a problem with existing sections. I can not set copys of theme and drag these copies in a new order. And it seems, that some settings are disapperd. When I creat new sections, this new ones seems to work. But I need to work with the existing sections.

What can I do?

Best regards,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out.
We are not sure about the issue you are facing. Can you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks. Here ist a video:

1. I copy a existing section > The section is npt arrangeable.
  2. I create a new section > I can arrange section with drag and drop to any position.

Problem: I have to work with the existing sections and want to drag them to another position.

Kind regards
David

Hello @dgaus,

It seems that you have not added the site credentials on the secure note, in order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello

Thanks. I troubleshoot a few of the common issues, but I did not find a solution.

David

Hey @dgaus,

Thanks for troubleshooting. This looks like a bug but please do note that you’re using Classic Elements which we’re going to phase out. You can learn more here: https://theme.co/blog/status-report-february-28-2023

To make the sections work, please revert your site from a working backup. Your web host might be able to assist you with this. If you don’t have a backup, regretfully, you will need to wait for a fix. Or, convert the Classic Sections to v2 or non-Classic Sections. Just add a new Section and recreate the Classic Section setup to the new Section. This would be tedious but this is the only way. Once you have the new Section set up, you can drag the Row to the new Section.

Thanks.

We’ll have a fix to have classic sections moveable in a release or two. Thanks and have a great day

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.