Exhuasted Memory Issue

Website was working until recently.

This is the common error in the log:
[08-May-2024 15:59:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/khcpadmin/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-scripts.php on line 595

Updated to the latest versions and increasing memory limit did not fix the issue.

• PHP memory limit increased to 512M via cPanel, wp-config.php, and .htaccess
  • WordPress is 6.5.3
  • X theme is 10.4.19
  • PHP is 8.3

Switching to any other theme resolves the issue.

Hello @KathyHitchens,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP login details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Login credentials have been added to the secure note.

Hi @KathyHitchens,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked the website but didn’t find the issue you reported here. If you are still facing the same problem, please let us know the steps to replicate it. I would also suggest you provide any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

The website is currently using theme “Twenty Twenty-Four”. This allows the wp-admin to be accessible.

Did you try activating/live previewing the X theme? FYI - Activating will take the entire site down, wp-admin included.

Hey @KathyHitchens,

If you activate the X theme and it throws an error. It would be best to enable the WP_DEBUG in order for us to determine the cause. Please check this article on how you can enable it.

Hope that helps.

I have activated the theme and the website now loads correctly. It’s just the live preview that is broken, but that’s okay. Let’s close this topic for now.

Hello @KathyHitchens,

Glad that things are well for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.