Exclusive Shop index layout, different category layouts?

Hi!

I have stuck on something that should be straightforward, but I just don’t see it. I have also read numerous support questions, but with no avail. :slight_smile:

I have created a Layout that I need on the main WooCommerce shop page. At the time I have assigned it ot the “Shop” until I create the Taxonomy layouts.

Now that I have a taxonomy layout, for Product categories and tags, I cannot find the way to constrain the Main shop index archive to the Shop index page. Only to the entire shop.

Then I thought, ok, I’ll solve it with Priorities, but there is no way to assign a layout to all taxonomy types either. Only to individual ones.

What am I not seeing? I need one Layout for the Main WooCommerce Shop page, and a different layout for Taxonomies, without having to list them one-by-one.

On the sidenote, I was also hoping for a layout for different taxonomy types, being them Product Categories, Tags, or custom taxonomies coming from plugins, etc.

Thanks!

Hello @Misho,

Thanks for writing in!

Please create your Shop Index and All Taxonomies layout with WC Archive type.

The condition and assignments would be like this:

And since you cannot assign one layout for all the taxonomies, you will have to select the OR logic selecting which category or tag the layout will display:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your WC Archive layout settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

So each time a new category is created, the site owner needs to update the condition to include it in to the looper?

Well that can’t be right. :slight_smile:

In that case, I’m filing a feature request.

There needs to be a way to assign layouts to whole taxonomies, and to the Shop index page.

@alexander?

Thanks!

Hello Misho,

Thanks for the feedback! I have added your feedback to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.