Excessive Caching Data flooding server

I have a client’s site that I built with Pro and now is hosted on my Resellers Hosting Account. His site is consistently building mass amounts of data that I have had ro purge twice. To give perspective, it has triggered a disk space warning twice in a matter of mouths, warning his amount of hosting space is close to exceeding the 15 gig limit of disk space he has been allocated.

All together, his site is using only 1.47 gb but that includes a replicated staging site on the same server and a backup. This is only occurring on the live site. The staged site is not writing seeing the same activity. How can I address this issue to get it resolved.

I’m providing a couple of screenshots.

Image one shows the amount of caching being written and it is occuring in the following path: ../min/1

And in this image, these are the .js files being continually written to disk. Notice that the amount of data is the same with each file written?

I have to figure out what is causing it and get it resolved. Thanks in advance.

Hello @PelanPelan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Based on your screenshots, this seems to have been caused by a plugin. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Please make sure that everything is up to date as well. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

I think it may be possible that it could be a problem with the woocommerce plugin. This is a hunch because it hasn’t updated past the major update that the warn could possibly cause issues. I only perform small maintenance now but I am going to request that he give me access to do a big overhaul as several plugins our out of date. To do this, I am going to need to create a new backup and update everything and do plugin conflict testing. I was hoping possibly it might be an easier fix.

Because this going to require a bit of my time so I am careful not to break anything, I would like to leave this open for now. When I get everything to where they should be, I will report back with more info and give access if need be.

This may take a couple of weeks. If possible, could we leave this open until I have been able to update, and debug?

Hello @PelanPelan,

Of course, we can. All threads created within less than 10 days will remain open. Our staff will be on standby for your feedback.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.