Even after updating plugins, Pro, WP & PHP to 7.4, I'm now getting "There has been a critical error on this website."

Getting this after properly updating everything:

" Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function CS() in /home/thc/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/plugins/gravity-forms.php:42 Stack trace: #0 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(294): x_gravity_forms_checker(‘integrity’) #1 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(316): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #2 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/thc/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/frontend/styles.php(45): do_action(‘x_enqueue_style…’, ‘integrity’, ‘-light’) #4 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(292): x_enqueue_site_styles(’’) #5 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(316): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2027): do_action(‘wp_enqueue_scri…’) #8 /home/thc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(292): wp_enqueue_scripts(’’) #9 /h in /home/thc/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/plugins/gravity-forms.php on line 42

There has been a critical error on this website."

Looked up the offending line in gravity-forms.php and it only says this: " $checker = CS()->component(‘Shortcode_Finder’);"

So, all the sudden Pro is incompatible with Gravity Forms??? WTH?

Hi @kelleychambers,

Thanks for reaching out!

I have installed the latest version of Gravity Forms, Pro theme and WordPress core then I don’t see this issue on my development website. I suggest that you reinstall your Pro theme because it might be corrupted. If the issue still persists after reinstalling the Pro theme, please give us the following information in a Secure Note for further investigation.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @kelleychambers,

I have checked your website and didn’t find the issue you described, I would request you recheck once if that issue still exists or not. If that exists, there might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If that does not help, I would suggest you add the debug setup in the wp-config.php file to log the errors into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o
Please let us know the errors logged into the debud.log file for further investigation.

Thanks

Well, that’s very strange because my site still isn’t coming up! I’m getting a blank page now…

Debug is on and has been…

I toggled debugging on and off and now the error is back…

Hi @kelleychambers,

I just check your website and I don’t see any issue on it. Maybe it’s just a cache issue on your end. I suggest that you clear your browser cache.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.