Hi, is there a way to have the search result in Ethos have a ‘read more’ as I’m experiencing people complaining they don’t know what to do with the search result (I can’t believe they can’t figure it out…but there you go
)
Thanks
Hello @sarahlouisewaterhous,
Thanks for asking. 
Can you please elaborate your query on having read more on search result page? I am a bit confused with the question. Also can you please share website URL?
Thanks.
Hi,
If you go to www.lakeartists.org.uk and put a name into the search (i.e.‘sally’)
The artist ‘sally’ will appear on the search results. It takes a clip from the writing on the actual post and displays the featured image. Obviously you can click on the image and it tells you it will take you to the artists page. But some people cannot figure that out. So I wanted to know if it was possible to have a ‘read more’ at the end of the text excerpt on the search result.
Hope that makes sense?
Hi there,
That’s possible, please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
function the_excerpt_more($more) {
if ( is_search() ) {
global $post;
return '<a class="read-more" href="'. get_permalink($post->ID) . '"> Read more...</a>';
}
return $more;
}
add_filter('excerpt_more', 'the_excerpt_more');
Your search result already contains the read more link, but it’s displayed as ..., let’s just replace it with the above code.
Thanks!
Thank you!
You’re welcome!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.