ETHOS Portfolio Item

Hi There

I am using ethos stack.

I upload images to a portfolio post and can get the gallery to work. There is an issue in that if I choose images already uploaded in my library they do not work so i have to upload my gallery images at the time of post creation.

However it is now impossible to see which images I uploaded to the post. How can I edit the image I have uploaded to the post if I cannot see them in the backend?

Is there a media plugin that can show me them?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, navigate to Media > Library sort it by Uploaded To or Date and then Detach the Image that is Attach to the Post.


Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech

That does help thankyou.

Now what is a clearer way of attaching an image?

Hi again,

Please refer to the following articles https://en.support.wordpress.com/images/adding-images-to-posts-or-pages/ and https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Image_and_File_Attachments

Hope this helps!

Hi Nabeel

Throwing the wordpress manual at me is not support. Maybe you could point me in the direction of www.wikipedia.com also?

The issue is specifically with the fact that the ethos portfolio gallery is poorly thought through.

It is very unusual to have to reupload images to the media gallery every time you want to add an image to a gallery, even when it already exists in the library.

I would hope that you could work with me to make this easier.

1 Like

Hi There,

Would you mind recording a video to clarify the issue?

Thanks!

There is nothing to record.

You add an image to the media portfolio by dragging a fresh (and it must be fresh not already existing in the library) image into the media library - then you must not click insert into post, you just close the library and then you have attached an image to the portfolio. There is no way seeing from the backend of the post which items are attached and now way of detaching from inside the post.

Hi There,

We are really sorry but the question is a bit confusing to understand what exactly happening your end, If I understand it, you cant see the old images that you have already uploaded? so that every time you have to upload a new image.

If that is the case, please provide us your website details so that we can have a look.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!
    Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.