Ethos Navigation bar

Hi there,

I am building my first website. This is incredibly exciting but at the same time, nerve wrecking.

I was given a link about a child theme, I have successfully installed the child theme. From my understanding, this means that I can now edit Ethos and make as many changes to the exciting template as I wish without it being lost.

I have searched in the forum but there was no answer for the following questions:

  1. I would like to have five options for the Navigation bar: Home, About, Products, Brands, Contact

Can you explain how I can add and remove additions to the Nav bar?

  1. Under Products, I would like it split up into the following: Probiotics, Apple Cider Vinegar, Nut butter, Protein Powder, Coffee, Kombucha, Breakfast, Nutritional Oils

Can you explain how I can add and remove additions to the products? I will then use what I have learnt to do the same with the other options in the Nav bar eg add brands under the brand section.

  1. When you click on a heading, EG Protein Powder, I would like it to open up onto a new page like this:

https://www.wellnesswarehouse.com/shop/foodmarket/bakery/

Instead of bakery, it would be Protein Powder. Options could include, Plant based, Bone broth etc

Can you teach me how to do this?

  1. Then, if you look at my site https://healthysuperfoodie.com/, you will see that I have the Plant Based Protein powder in the top slider. How would I like that blog post to Point 3.

  2. I want to remove the text from the slider under the header. I would like to add a sentence about what the slider is about. How would I go about this?

  3. Finally, I want to generate income through affiliate marketing on my site. Is there a tutorial to help me understand what I need on my site? I have been watching YouTube vids and it seems that the companies will provide me with a link. I just want to ensure that I am understanding correctly.

I am really excited to learn. Thank you for your help.

Hey @margsconradie,

Thanks for writing in.

Create a menu and assign it as the Primary Menu.

Please see Creating Multi-level Menus

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Please give us more details, exact URL and screenshots.

It looks like you’re setting up a shop? If so, please learn how to use WooCommerce. Here’s a guide from WooCommerce…

I’m sorry but what do you mean by point 3? Do you mean position 3 which is the middle of the carousel? Currently, it looks like you’ve set it to Random display. If you need to control the positioning or order, you should select Featured in Appearance > Theme Options > Ethos > Post Carousel.

After that, go edit each of your post’s Post Carousel Display under Ethos Post Settings.

The posts are arranged from newest to oldest so to manipulate the order, you must edit the Published date of your post.

Regretfully, this is not an option offered by X. This would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

We can certainly understand your desire to generate income via affiliate marketing. We did have an old video on this here https://theme.co/x/features/marketing-training but there may be newer and more up to date resources online that you can find. Regretfully, we do not have any other specific training resource to give you on this, but I hope that you find what you need and make a success of it!

Thanks.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me such a comprehensive reply.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.