Ethos move my sidebar down, add space above sidebar

Hello all!
I am looking to move my sidebar down a bit so that it will be on the same level as the rest of my content on the left. The sidebar is located on the homepage. Specifically, I would like the sidebar to match up with the block quote to its left.

This is my website: https://www.the-second-sunrise.com/

I have tried adding custom CSS from two previously-answered questions without any success.

Any tips would be appreciated!
J.

I have tried:
.single-post .x-sidebar.right {
margin-top: 312px;
}

And:
.x-sidebar {
margin-top: 60px;
}

Hi There,

Please try with this CSS instead:

.x-sidebar {
    margin-top: 60px !important;
}
.single-post .x-sidebar.right {
margin-top: 312px !important;
}

@Thai, thank you so much for your assistance!
The code worked and you can see how it has changed my homepage the-second-sunrise.com

Would you be able to help me move both the page content (on the left) and the righthand sidebar up so they are closer to the header?

I would like to shrink the gap between the header and the page content.

Thank you!
J.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! To make the gap of the content and sidebar a bit closer, you can make use of this code:

body .x-main.left {
    padding-right: 10px;
}

body .x-sidebar.right {
    padding-left: 10px;
}

The previous padding is 35px which is 70 pixels in total. Feel free to adjust the code update to 5 pixels if needed.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you @RueNel
The code you wrote alters the width of the columns but I am looking to move the .x-main.left section up.

I am able to move my right sidebar up and down as I wish using the code:

.x-sidebar {
margin-top: 2px !important;
}

I have tried modifying that code to move the .x-main.left column up. I have tried creating the code:
.x-main.left{
margin-top: 2px !important;
}

as well as

.x-main.left{
padding-top: 2px !important;
}

This code works because I can use it to move the left column down farther, however I cannot move the left column UP any higher than it currently is on my site.

Any ideas? I hope this all makes sense. Again my url is www.the-second.sunrise.com

Thank you,
J

Hi there,

You can use positioning instead of margin, like this

.x-main.left{
position: relative;
top: -12px !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Thank you @Rad it looks perfect!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

1 Like