Hey there,
I have Ethos installed and the post arrows are navigating the wrong direction on my blog https://132.148.19.177/podcast/episode-1/
How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Ann
Hey there,
I have Ethos installed and the post arrows are navigating the wrong direction on my blog https://132.148.19.177/podcast/episode-1/
How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Ann
Hi Ann,
Please save a backup of your site and then try switching to main X theme. Check after this just to see that this is not a result of any child theme modification. If the issue persist after this, please share credentials using a secure note so we can double check your setup.
Which one is the main theme? I had integrity yesterday and I didn’t see any arrows.
Hello Ann,
Please keep in mind that the Blog posts and the podcasts will be in a chronological order. To resolve your issue and swap out the arrows, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file
// Entry Navigation
// =============================================================================
if ( ! function_exists( 'x_entry_navigation' ) ) :
function x_entry_navigation() {
$stack = x_get_stack();
if ( $stack == 'ethos' ) {
$left_icon = '<i class="x-icon-chevron-left" data-x-icon=""></i>';
$right_icon = '<i class="x-icon-chevron-right" data-x-icon=""></i>';
} else {
$left_icon = '<i class="x-icon-arrow-left" data-x-icon=""></i>';
$right_icon = '<i class="x-icon-arrow-right" data-x-icon=""></i>';
}
$is_ltr = ! is_rtl();
$prev_post = get_adjacent_post( false, '', true );
$next_post = get_adjacent_post( false, '', false );
$prev_icon = ( $is_ltr ) ? $left_icon : $right_icon;
$next_icon = ( $is_ltr ) ? $right_icon : $left_icon;
?>
<div class="x-nav-articles">
<?php if ( $prev_post ) : ?>
<a href="<?php echo get_permalink( $prev_post ); ?>" title="<?php __( 'Previous Post', '__x__' ); ?>" class="prev">
<?php echo $prev_icon; ?>
</a>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php if ( $next_post ) : ?>
<a href="<?php echo get_permalink( $next_post ); ?>" title="<?php __( 'Next Post', '__x__' ); ?>" class="next">
<?php echo $next_icon; ?>
</a>
<?php endif; ?>
</div>
<?php
}
endif;
We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.
That worked!
Why is it though, that the navigation arrows are set to navigate the wrong way? I just created a test site on my local server and installed wordpress and theme x, and the arrows are navigating the wrong way outside of the box. I thought maybe I had a plugin conflict or something but it is 100% the theme.
Thanks!
Ann
Hello Ann,
I am glad that it worked out for you. I will be submitting this to one of our developers for further investigation. This must be a bug or something which needs to be check thoroughly.
Thank you for your understanding.