Ethos 1 blank home page

Hi, I’m completely new to the X Theme so please bear with me. I purchased the X Theme in order to use the Ethos 1 home page template (http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/) to get me started with my new site. Fancy customisation is something I can figure out in the future, I just wanted to use your demo home page template with my own content initially, along with the simple addition of an intro text area. I’d presumed I could quickly swap out your demo content in the template for mine and find a way to add a text box under the post slider (if that’s the right word for it).

I’ve downloaded Ethos 1 and in reality the home page only shows the header, a post slider, a footer and recent post/categories etc in the right hand column. No other demo content that’s appeared in ‘posts’ in my WordPress dashboard is showing on the home page, there’s just white space. Please note I have downloaded the Slider Revolution separately as I read this didn’t come with the theme and had to be managed separately.

Do I have to get to grips with Cornerstone and finish building the home page if I want to replicate the http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/ template, or is there something obvious I’m not doing that would allow me to make your demo content appear on my home page please? If it’s the former, I can’t see a way of accessing existing WordPress posts and pulling those into Cornerstone to display.

Thanks, would appreciate your advice.

Hello @Kirstin_M.

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Under X > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options > Delete Category Id to display blog posts. https://cloudup.com/c3A3FO5mSZN

Thanks.

@Prasant Thank you, two of the demo posts are now showing by deleting the Category ID numbers.

Hi There,

Keep in mind that Ethos demo 1 is a Blog index page, it will automatically populate your posts, so if you don’t have a post nothing will be populated. And blog index page is not editable in any content builder, even on the WordPress classic editor.

Post Carousel (the slider above header), nothing shows up because it was set to show the Featured post but there is no post that is set to be a featured so nothing shows up on the carousel. Try setting it to Random.

Post Slider (the slider below header), same issue with Post Carousel; It is set to Featured. You can make your post a featured from the Ethos Post Settings. Or you can set it to random as well.

FILTERABLE INDEX option, if you enable this option and put an category ID that does not exist or has no post that associated to it, then no post will show up on your blog index page.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

1 Like

Ok thank you for clarifying @friech, I’m going to switch to an extended demo for now, this is a lot more involved than I first anticipated.

Cool, feel free to get in touch with us regarding any further queries about X and Cornerstone.

Have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.