Essential Grid VS Advanced Custom Fields

Hello there,

How do I add an ACF to a grid skin?

I saw these instructions, but I do not have the Meta Handling menu link available - is this a premium feature?

Can I modify this built in short code?

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hello Spencer,

Thanks for writing in! Please be informed that before you can use the ACF field in Essential Grid, you will have to add it first as a meta reference. Kindly check out this documentation instead:

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks for getting back.

I have created a custom meta field:

This does not look the same as shown in the official link - is this a premium function?

It does show in the meta key list in the skin editor:

It has been added to the skin, but it still shows the short code:

skin-meta

Am I missing something?

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hey Spencer,

I just tested the setup on my site and it works. Please try replicating the exact setup shown in my screenshots below.

If that doesn’t help, please temporarily deactivate all 3rd party plugins, switch to the parent Pro theme if you’re using a child theme, and provide the following info in a Secure Note

• Name of your grid
  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hi @christian,

Thanks for getting back. I have most of this set up but am not sure where this section is:

The grid is called: People Grid with Tag Filter

The custom field output is intended to appear in the pink More About buttons here:

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

You can find the option for Custom Meta in the Popup comes when clicking into the settings option of the grid item, as shown in the given screenshot.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.