Essential Grid: some grids stopped working

I am having problems with an Essential Grid instagram feed on Miaasano.com . One grid, “Music”, works. The next one used to display Mia’s Instagram but it has stopped working. I am using X-theme 6.0.4; Cornerstone 3.0.4; and Essential Grid 2.2.4.

I discovered this because of a larger issue today. The site would not display at all, and I could not access the Wordpress admin. I called Godaddy and support there was able to turn off all of my plugins. That let me get into the admin. I then set about progressively restoring and testing the three most important plugins and clearing the Godaddy Cache. I also noted the versions of each plugin and my theme. Everything was up-to-date. Using icognito windows and multiple browsers, I got Cornerstone working again. Then I got Eventon, the site’s calendar plugin working again. Then I added Essential Grid, and oddly enough, the video grid worked fine, but the Instagram did not. The instagram grid displayed a bunch of shortcodes. And that is still the condition of the grid now: visible shortcode on the displayed site.

I made screen dumps of the Essential Grid specifications for the Instagram Grid, and recreated it. It did not display the Instagram feed.

The next interesting detail I that in all of this effort and discovery, I have also been experiencing a lot of error pages (can’t access the server) which I have resolved by using the back button, or refreshing the browser. It has made working on all this very slow and difficult.

All this odd behavior was first noted today. There have been no edits to the site in a long while.

I am primarily seeking help in making the Essential Grid Instagram feed work again, as it has for many months. But I am also curious about the excessive instability of the site/admin/plug-in collective behaviors.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. The problem you are experiencing is due to a broader problem about the latest changes of the Instagram API.

Instagram decided to change how its API Works to get the information from that system and now they limited the access to the media. It caused a huge confusion in the Wordpress plugins world.

You will see both Essential Grid and The Grid encountering problems with the Instagram feed. We are closely monitoring this problem, as soon as they give proper updates which fix the Instagram feed problem we will integrate that update to the theme version of the plugins.

Please be sure that we are aware of this problem and the plug-in developers also know about this and they are working to find a solution.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks, Christopher. I appreciate your reply.

How would I find out that the issued has been resolved?

Thanks!!!

Hi there,

We released a new version for The Grid plugin (2.6.16) last April 11 which should solve the API. Please update your copy and test it again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.