Essential grid random load

I have built a simple grid of images, is there a way to randomize the order on each page load? Also do I install the “Addons” (in the blue button)? If randomizing order is not available with Essential grid, do you have an alternate suggestion. I use X, not Pro.

Thanks,
Cindy

Hello Cindy,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case you are loading the post from the Essential grid which you want to load randomly then I would suggest you go to the Essential grid—>Source —>Additional parameter now you need to add this code
orderby=rand

Hope it helps
Thanks

I’m using custom grid because the images are not from posts, just images. I don’t see “Additional parameter” under Source?

Hey Cindy,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Done, thank you!

Hello Cindy,

Thanks for updating in! I have checked your grid already. Regretfully you cannot load random images or grid items randomly because you are using a custom grid as your source.

You can only load items random if you use the “Post, Pages, Custom Posts” setting.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the response.

Hello Cindy,

You are most welcome Cindy, please free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.