Essential Grid - Pro Theme Issue

I recently purchased the Essential Grid in order to access their templates and get more support from them. I deleted the Essential Grid Plugin that came with Pro because when I tried to upload the full version to copy over the plugin, it failed. I uploaded the full version after I deleted the Pro limited version for Essential Grid. When I attempted to add the license code to register it, I got an “invalid code response.” I asked support at Theme Punch why this was occurring and they told me it is a theme issue. Here was the response:

Hi,

Yes, i can see the issue there and it is basically a theme issue because theme has disabled its functionality. please refer theme support article and follow at Where to I put the Essential Grid Purchase Code?

let me know how that goes.

My question is, WHERE do I put this code in the functions.php page? At the bottom of the page or does it have to go in a specific spot? Is it easy to edit or do I have to download it and reupload it via FTP? What is the best way to edit it…can I do it right in WordPress? I know that a lot of theme companies don’t like people to edit the functions page so this is why I am asking. Would this code solve the problem?

My dev website is xpro.eagleheartdynamic.com.

Thanks in advance!

designerwriter

Hi Grace,

Thank you for writing in, you can paste that code anywhere below on the line that says:

// Additional Functions
// =============================================================================

Yes, you can paste that on the bottom of functions.php file.

We recommend via FTP (download, edit, upload), because if you do that right in WordPress Theme Editor and you got a PHP error, you’ll be lockout of your site and you need to correct that via FTP.

Actually, one of the purposes of Child Theme is for you to add your custom functions on the Child Theme’s functions.php file. So if you don’t have a child theme yet, please set up one.

More details and how to install the child theme guide here.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Thank you Friech! I am glad that I asked this question. Will this make the code valid then?

Yes I have a child theme. I followed the instructions on uploading it.

Grace

Hello Grace,

Adding the code will enable you to validate Essential Grid plugin if you have purchased a separate license.
Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.