Essential Grid Pro Related Posts Add-On

We’re using the pro version of Essential Grid, which includes a related posts add-on. This option is binary, you can turn on / off for pages, posts etc. There’s no shortcode or php hack for this add-on.

Our challenge is that we are using Cornerstone to build a custom single post layout. Essential Grid doesn’t recognize the custom layout as a post. Their support suggests that using another theme fixes the issue, but we of course don’t want to switch themes.

I realize that this is outside of the scope of Themeco support, but - as Essential Grid is bundled with the theme - I wondered if anyone else had faced this issue and figured out a solution? Many thanks for any suggestions!

Hello @nickyker,

Thanks for writing in!

If the plugin will hook to the content of the post, it should be able to display in your custom single layout. If it is hooking other hooks, we need to figure out which hook is it so we can find a solution for your issue. Would you mind providing us the credentials of your site so we can double-check? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

And apologies, realized that I didn’t articulate the issue very well. The challenge we have is that the Essential Grid embed just shows the alphabetical order, it’s not showing actual related posts. Hope that makes sense!

Hi @nickyker,

If I am able to understand it, you are trying to show the Related Posts using the Essential Grid. If that is the case, unfortunately, there is no such option to show the Related Posts in Essential Grid.

Thanks

OK, thanks

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.