Essential Grid not working with latest update

Just a FYI. Essential Grid is breaking sites after the latest Themeco Pro update. Server returning 503s.

Hello @sainthubertclub,

Thanks for writing to us.

The 503 error generally occurs due to the lack of server resources. I would suggest you increase the PHP Memory limit to 512M, Upload Max. Filesize and Max. Post Size (256M)

Please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to PHP Memory or you may contact your hosting provider for the server configuration.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi, the server support stated that a plugin was throwing up mulitple errors, that plugin is Essential Grid, the site is in a staging area.

Please see note above :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

For login details to the site.

Hello @SaintHubertClub,

Regretfully the given credentials are not working for us. It seems the username or password is incorrect.

Please double-check it. Thanks.

Apologies, please try these revised details

Hello Will,

We still cannot log in. The login is blocked.

Thanks.

HI - 2FA is now disabled site wide, please re-try with provided details, sorry about that.

Hi @SaintHubertClub,

Can you please delete the existing Essential Grid plugin and reinstall that from Pro > Validation. If that does not help, and you are still getting the 503 error after activating the Plugin, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. As suggested by my colleague earlier, please troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN
8.Increasing PHP Memory Limit

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks for the help; I deleted the Plugin Essential Grid via FTP, then reinstalled. No change. With all other plugins disabled the error persists, memory limit is already set higher (define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘1024M’);).

To address the bullet points.

1.[Theme Related Issue] - almost certainly the case, CHILD theme 503s, X Pro 503s, Twenty-Twenty One is fine.
2.[Plugin Conflict] - No. Even with all plugins off, the error persists.
3.[Theme Update related issue] - the older version of X Pro does not have any issues (check main website, simply drop the test. from the URL)
4.[Child Theme Related issue] – Unlikely as both child and X 503.
5.[CSS/JS Customization] - Possibly, but unlikely.
6.[Disabling Cache] – Not used.
7.[Disabling CDN] – Not used
8.[Increasing PHP Memory Limit] – See above, already set higher than this minimum.

So, it looks like X Pro and Essential Grid aren’t happy partners any longer?

I could try deleting the theme and child, see if reinstalling helps?

Is there a way to backup the CSS settings from the child theme or is it simply a case of cutting and pasting?

Thanks, Will/.

If you need access let me know and I’ll reinstate.

Hi Will,

I can’t replicate this issue on my end, this issue could be specific on your setup.

Please update the Theme to latest version (PRO 5.0.5 or X 9.0.5 / CS 6.0.5).

And what version is your Essential Grid? Can you update that to the latest version as well (3.0.12)

And another thing, what version is your PHP? Can you test it on a PHP 7.4 (WordPress recommended)

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Everything is up to date and php also 7.4. Very strange, something must be corrupted but even uninstall won’t remove it.

Hi @sainthubertclub,

I tried to login using wp-admin and wp-login.php using your test website but it leads me to 404 page. Would you mind sharing the exact admin URL in the secure note? it also be best if you could provide us FTP access so that we can revert it back if there’s an error when we try to activate the essential grid on your test website.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.