Essential grid not sorting properly on meta

I made a custom meta in essential grid that has names in it.
The first few names sort quite good on alphabetic order but after loading more the sorting is a mess.

Is there a way to fix this?

Showcase: http://www.flevozakenfestival.nl/deelnemers-2017/

Thank you very much

Hey there,

Your grid looks fine to me. Would you mind giving more details by what you mean by “mess”?

Thanks.

As you scroll down you can see “ROC Friese poort” in front of “OMFL” while the O comes before R in the alphabet, and there’s more mistakes like that :slight_smile:

It is sorted on custom meta “Stand” on alphabetic descending order. The “Stand” meta is the name like “ROC Friese poort” and “OMFL”

Thank you very much

I see. This is because you’re using a masonry grid. In the source code, it loads correct but due to masonry grid’s positioning calculation, it looks like it’s not sorted correctly. In this case, you should use uniform grids. Please see the usage examples at https://essential.themepunch.com/

Thanks.

Hello Xian, that would not be the solution for me, I use the masonry grid because I have a text below the photo which will “hide” when not hovered over in Even or Cobble mode. Only in masonry mode the text will always show (or cover, if that’s what it’s called)

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please keep in mind that Masonry grid will fill any empty space to remove any gaps. Please make sure that you have uploaded the same image sizes or make sure that each grid items will be of the same height to avoid any gaps. This is the only way you can force the masonry grid’s positioning not to break the order.

Hope this make sense.

I do not really understand what you mean… Is it maybe possible for you to login and change it? I will make a duplicate of the grid so if it breaks it wouldn’t be a problem.

Would like to hear from you :slight_smile:

Hey There,

Sure thing. We would be happy to logged and check your grid.
Please add a secure note in your next reply and insert the credentials so that we can log in.

Cheers.

Here is the login

Please work in the grid “ESSGRID”
It’s a direct copy of the one live on the site :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Have you dragged the elements while editing it before? Looks like the sorting is not just about post meta, but also how you manually arranged it. Please try editing your grid and drag your elements in the preview to sort it out manually then save it.

Thanks!

Yes I have, but I would like to have automatic sorting. Did my client mess the sorting up by doing it manually?
Will doing it manually once fix it for future use?

Hi there,

For that specific grid, yes, you’ll have to manually sort it again and in the future. I’m not sure if it’s a bug but I’ll forward it for further checking. But for now, please manually drag them and sort it.

Thanks!

What grid will fix this issue? Is this because of the masonry grid, or not?

Hi there,

It’s not due to masonry, it’s just that the items are manually ordered in admin (maybe dragged it accidentally). So you have to manually drag it again to put them in your preferred order. I already forwarded this to our developers but we don’t have any news yet. Please stay tuned.

Thanks!