Essential Grid not loading instagram photos

Hello

My grid wont load my instagram photos any longer. I can see some of the content, when i hover over, but not the image itself. Can someone plz help me?

thanks

chris

Hey Chris,

The images are no longer available maybe because something has changed in Instagram. Please first ensure that everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/docs/how-to-update for more details.

If updating doesn’t help, this could be due to other factors. Please follow the rest of the basic troubleshooting procedures mentioned in our Common Issues article here: https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

Only if none of the mentioned solutions help, give us the following info in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Sent you a secure note. thanks

Hi Chris,

I tried to access your website but it seems that you did not give us the username and you just sent the password.
Anyways, I managed to receive the Essential Grid version that you use from the front end of the website and it is the latest version.

Then I checked the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar console and found more than ninety 403 errors:

The 403 error indicates that permission is denied. Now, the links appear to be something related to the images and the front end of the website loads the items but not images. This leads me to two assumptions:

1. You have to set something on your Instagram account to allow your server to retrieve the images without the permission error. You might consult with official Essential Grid documentation.
  2. The other scenario is that you might have permission problems on your server which you need to contact your hosting service provider to fix.

Thank you.

Hello

I updated the secure note to include my user name. I will also contact my hosting service to see if they can help. Can you please log into my wordpress to see if there is something in there that can be fixed?

thanks!

chris…

Hi

I spoke with hosting. Everything is working ok on their end. They told me its something to do with essential grid. Can you please log into my WP and check?

thanks

Hi Chris,

I went to your website and added another grid and used your Instagram username and it works ok. The name of th Grid is test.

Would you please kindly check?

Thank you.

ok

I figured out what broke my original stream. After trying to adjust the grid you made with the same settings from my orginal. The grid you made also broke. I was able to figure out what setting needed to be adjusted.

The source tab, details, count: was set to 100. I changed this to 50 and all is working now. I think its something to do with cache settings on my site.

thanks for your help!

You’re very welcome, Chris! Glad you figured it out!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.